Software Engineering (Big Data Developer) - Vice President
Any Graduation Degree, Any Post Graduation Degree
04 Sep 2020
- Spring Boot
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes.
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals.
Senior Big Data Java Development role based out of bangalore, the role will require the candidate to have in depth understanding of Big Data Stack including Ingestion, storage and distribution technologies.
The role is a full hands-on technical development role where the candidate will be involved in establishing the building blocks for the post trade reservoir (PTR) platform; interacting with multiple teams, learning about the exiting solutions already in place and aligning them with solutions built centrally by PTR team while adhering to standards provided by CIB Data Engineering organization.
The role will also require the candidate to work with global teams, performing code reviews; doing peer programming; interviewing other candidates, establishing software engineering processes and adhering to firm wide software engineering processes and standards and influencing various stakeholders.
The job will also require having in depth understanding of technical project planning, backlog management, participating and driving global scrum and sprint calls and taking role of a scrum master from time to time.
- Process Orientation: Establishing right SDLC practices including code reviews, pair programming and adhering to firm wide development and release standards
- Relationship Building : Working closely with plan teams and business aligned technology teams.
- Business Orientation : Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed technical designs and performing POC’s.
- DevOps: Working closely with operate teams, understanding JPMorgan DevOps practices and aligning releases accordingly
- Documentation : Documenting technical flows in MS Visio and Confluence.
- Domain : Understanding of financial products and their flows (Equities, Fixed Income)
- Good hold on MS office (power point, Excel, Word and Visio)