Senior Data Scientist
Information Technology and Services
Any Graduation Degree
08 Sep 2020
- Predictive Analytics
- Machine Learning
You are a technical, strong and high performing individual with excellent communication skills, proven analytical skill set and strong customer focus. You stay updated with latest research and technology ideas, and have a passion to utilize innovative ways to solve problems. You are a good story-teller and able to simply articulate the intricacies of your models as well as explain your results clearly to stakeholders. You have industry knowledge of the retail space, with keen interest in keeping up to date on the latest happenings in this.
As a Data Scientist for Walmart Labs, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary team of data scientists and data engineers to build systems that drive efficiencies by using state-of-the art algorithms at scale to solve complex business problems across domains.
- Experience in analyzing complex problems and translate it into analytical approach
- Experience in Statistical Learning: - Predictive & Prescriptive Analytics, Web Analytics, Parametric and Non-parametric models, Regression, Time Series, Dynamic/Causal Model, Statistical Learning, Guided Decisions, Topic Modeling
- Experience in Machine Learning, supervised and unsupervised: - Forecasting, Classification, Data/Text Mining, NLP, Decision Trees, Adaptive Decision Algorithms, Random Forest, Search Algorithms, Neural Networks, Deep Learning Algorithms
- Lead role mentoring junior statistical analysts on approach and results.
- Experience with big data analytics and advanced data mining techniques to analyze data
- Experience with identifying trends, patterns, and outliers in data
- Experience with statistical programming languages, analytical packages/libraries (R, Python)
- Experience with statistical tools (R studio, Revolution R, Python notebooks)
- Experience with SQL and relational databases, data warehouse platforms (Teradata), NoSQL databases
- Experience with big data platforms - Hadoop(Hive, Pig, Map Reduce, HQL)/Spark/H2O
- Play a key role to solve complex problems, pivotal to Walmart’s business and drive actionable insights from petabytes of data.
- Analyze large, complex data sets by developing advanced statistical and machine learning models based on business initiatives
- Utilize big data analytics and advanced data mining techniques to direct the gathering of data, assess data validity and synthesize data into large analytics datasets to support project goals
- Build and train scalable models using best practices, enabling re-use for future project
- Utilize product mindset to build, scale and deploy holistic analytical products after successful prototyping.
- Lead small teams and participate in large data analytics project teams by serving as the technical lead for project
- Partner with senior team members to assess customer needs and define business questions.
- Clearly articulate and present recommendations to business partners, and influence future plans based on insights.
- Partner and engage with associates in other regions for delivering best services to the customers around the globe.
- Mentor peers and analysts across the division in analytical best practices.
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity