Any Graduation Degree
07 Sep 2020
The engineer fulfilling this role needs to be able to serve as a technical expert for the Job Ingestion of Enterprise Jobs. They are a critical part of LTS' initiative to bring every job in all companies in the world on to LinkedIn.
Daily activities include, but are not limited to: developing software and creating tools to integrate third-party systems with LinkedIn. The ideal candidate must identify patterns, suggest, design and implement solutions for our more critical and complicated integrations and partners. He/She must learn and be capable of making contributions to our other services such as backends, mid-tiers or frontend - changes can include not only code but also defining data models and going through the DMRC process. LinkedIn’s apply integrations would be part of the work as well - the in-housing of job application flows so that members can apply directly to every job on LinkedIn using their profile data.
- Scale distributed applications, make architectural trade-offs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with speediness and quality.
- Lead the development of multi-tier scalable, high-volume performing, and reliable user-centric crawlers that operate 24x7.
- Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross-functional, and company-wise critical programs.
- Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity.
- Have the capacity to onboard new hires to develop and maintain integrations for crawling and submitting data to third parties.
- Report daily and weekly status updates for their work.
- Create and keep materials to onboard new team members up to date.
- Set standards for high-quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Contribute significant new functionality to a framework for ingesting data from many different sources (web, authentication, sftp) and formats (html, xml, csv, json).
- Review code from team members and provide guidance on major application design decisions.
- Define processes and leverage an issue tracker like Jira to prioritize, allocate and lead work among a team of contractors.
- Create process and ensure the team is communicating effectively with counterparts in GCO organization.
- Collaborate on other technologies owned by the team such as Java backend and/or mid-tier services, etc.