Any Graduation Degree
30 Aug 2020
- Role Modeling
- Building Services
- Customer Experience
- Interpersonal Communication
- Problem Solving
At Groupon, we're using global technology teams to bring back the excitement of local retails. Groupon is all about local experiences: local restaurants; local nightlife; local shopping. We spend our days developing tools, platforms and experiences that help small businesses thrive in their local communities. We might look like an ordinary ecommerce app, but under the surface we’re using cutting edge technology to build products that regularly positively impact the lives of over 50 million people and hundreds of thousands of small business owners.
Take this rare opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. We’re changing the way merchants and consumers connect with each other worldwide, and the change has barely started. As we continue to evolve, our vision is to become the operating system for local commerce by providing an integrated suite of tools and services for local businesses to help them understand their customers better, challenge effectively, and increase profits. To help us on this mission, we are looking for extraordinary leaders at our Bangalore, India development centre who share our passion for crafting a new evolution in local commerce.
- 5+ years of experience in designing and developing software.
- 2+ years of experience in building services to support large scale platform.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of engineers.
- Ability to architect, design and develop complex systems.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Backend experience with RESTful API and RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, etc.)
- Creative problem solving skills, debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Be a role model for engineers on the team, providing timely coaching and mentoring to all.
- Passion for ensuring high quality architecture and customer experience.
- Build and lead a high performance engineering team.
- Work with product managers and other engineers to build features to support growth at Groupon.
- Recruit and retain excellent engineers and lead them in planning for long-term growth.
- Roadmap planning, Project and Resource management.
- Participation in products technical design and architecture.
- Stakeholder and peer communication.