Test Engineer (Automation)
Any Graduation Degree
07 Sep 2020
At Google, our philosophy is build it, break it and then rebuild it better. That thinking is at the core of how we approach testing at Google. Unlike roles with similar names at the other companies, Test Engineers at Google aren't manual testers -- you write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. As a Test Engineer, you navigate Google's massive codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You'll have a huge impact on the quality of Google's growing suite of products and services.
You use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products.
- Experience with the following coding languages: C, C++, Java or Python.
- Experience with test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging.
- Strong development management or testing management experience with a proven track record in scaling highly technical teams.
- Develop test strategies.
- Automate tests using test frameworks.
- Take responsibility for monitoring product development and usage at all levels with an eye toward improving product quality.
- Create test harnesses and infrastructure.